In the online digital universe, the most important element to a web presence is ranking, because these days, all of the buying decisions start with an online search.
You would think that lawyers, real estate agents or banks and medical centres are the ones who would care most about ranking well on Google, but in fact, it’s the plumbers, custodial workers, pest control companies and builders who are the most aggressive when it comes to getting at least a spot on the first page of the search engines. Even painters, construction foremen, end of lease cleaning providers, and kitchen removal people are fanatical about their Google rankings.
Getting found online when people type in a phrase or keyword is now absolutely critical. In fact, the success or failure of a business may be due to their results in a Google search when customers are looking online for products and services they offer.
So, how does a blue collar industry or worker get to the top of Google ranking? What everyone needs to know is that Google loves quality, authenticity, authority, and usability.
• Start by having a plan and conducting research, then learn and implement marketing basics.
• Build a website or even a blog site and structure it so that it’s organised, interesting and easy to navigate.
• Invest in content marketing and SEO. A local service that’s in high demand like a pest control business would benefit from content marketing and SEO. Customers in need of this type of service use Google and other search engines to locate one. Showing up first in the search engines gives that business a head start, and then the potential customer makes further decisions based on what they read on that website. It’s crucial to have well-written and high quality content as it will serve to inform those that are interested in your services and provide them value making them decide on picking your company.
• Build a digital footprint by connecting and reaching out to others. You can do guest blogging or do PR and even partner up with other sites. This way you can fuel the content machine by having backlinks, mentions, content distribution which can create connections organically.
• Be social and connect to networks relevant to your audience. Whether it’s Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, every social media platform should be considered as these channels can greatly help a business in connecting and interacting with the best possible audience.
It does not come as a surprise why the blue collar industries are the most aggressive for Google rankings. Since they are on the lower-paid margins of the economy, dominating the search engines would mean more income and stability.