Social media marketing has stood out as the primary platform for generating and nurturing leads. Compared to other channels such as telemarketing, direct mail, PPC and trade shows, social media can generate virtually 100 percent more leads.
Another interesting observation is that lead conversion, which is the prime focus of majority business owners, occurs 13 percent higher within social media as opposed to average digital marketing platforms.
Other essential factors that have boosted the popularity of social media as the prime platform for lead generation include:
• 77 percent pf B2C marketers claim they acquired clients via Facebook.
• 64 percent of marketers have quoted social media as the most essential lead generation strategy; the top one being content creation.
• Social media, compared to outbound marketing, boasts a much higher lead to close rate.
• Since 2006, social media has witnessed 365 percent increase in growth.
• 24% of the companies that use social media witnessed an increase in revenue.
• Companies that use social media experience up to 45 percent reduction in marketing costs.
• Social networks take up to 23 percent of all internet users.
Such compelling stats and facts clearly illustrate how social media continues to be the driving force behind the effective online lead generation.
These, in addition to other observations, have profiled social media as an extremely powerful online channel. Moreover, social media is poised to continue defining how people connect with products, brands and services in the near time to come.
As a business man, it’s befitting establishing a strong presence all over the social media realm and proceeding to leverage the potential these channels have when it comes to generation of leads through making use of tested digital marketing strategies.
Each business apparently knows and understands the importance of brand awareness through the use of social media. But what has stood out most though is how online lead generation has played central and doubled up as the driving force behind the continued growth of social media.
If you are just beginning on a lead generation campaign, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn are all amazing places to start. Remember, quite recently, an annual report on Inbound marketing by Hub Spot revealed that social media generates virtually double the leads of direct mail, PPC, direct mail, telemarketing, name it.
The Bottom line
From all these observations, it remains pretty clear that online lead generation continues to fuel social media in offering untapped unlimited opportunities for businesses to connect with potential leads all over the word.